NOT LONG AGO I SIGNED -UP AT LABOR READY -OXNARD,CALIF.....I JUST STARTED TO SHOW-UP AT THERE OXNARD LOCATION TO BE SENT OUT FOR WORK...FIRST CALL I GET 5/21/12 THERE DISBATCH CALLS ME OUT ON A JOB I TELL HER I CANT BE THERE FOR 20 MIN.SHE SAYS I WILL HOLD THE JOB FOR YOU WHEN I SHOW-UP 10MIN LATER SHE HAD GIVIN THE JOB TO SOMEONE ELSE...I THEN TELL HER NOT TO DISBATCH ME OUT AFTER 10 A.M..... SHE LATER CALLS MY CELLPHONE AND PRETTY MUCH TELLS ME IN SHORT-ORDER FORM THAT LABOR READY WAS NOT FOR ME AND NOT TO COME BACK AGAIN WHAT A-HOLES DONT APPLY THERE PEOPLE ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF "YOUR" TIME

Had an Experience with Labor Ready?

Comments

What you've experienced is very common. Dispatchers will send out what ever live bodies are in the office waiting first, then they will call for additional workers. As there are more people looking for work than there is work to be had, L./R. can get away with being arrogant.

Three bits of advice:

1) Never inform a day labor business of you phone number unless you are prepared to deal with "pest" calls .

2) Use a Post Office box as your address if you prefer not to be bothered by nosy people.

2A) Another agency gave my home address to a worker to whom I did not get along with. The worker banged upon my door,claiming that he was homeless and entitled to stay with me because "I know you from work".

3) If you need work, be prepared to get in the office when it opens up (5:00 A.M.) and wait. Usually the "steady ticket" workers are sent out first, then it is who ever is in line next.

3A) If no other calls for workers are received by 8:00 A.M. quietly leave the office as there will not be anything else going on.