Labor Ready sent a Felon

Issue not resolved

2nd experience with Labor Ready, I'll keep it short and sweet.

Halfway through the job, police invaded high-end client's home to arrest the worker who was wearing a GPS ankle bracelet. A convicted sex offender, he was not allowed to be in that part of town.

Customer pissed, our reputation blown... thanks Labor Ready!

The workers name was Phillip A Shaw, and this occurred in the San Francisco Bay Area. He was hired to do light labor work for our home furnishings company.

The damage Labor Ready has done will cost more than any savings we could ever achieve using a temp agency.

d63695e review #106420
6 Helpful? 13
Had the same issue0 Comments38 Report
Had an experience with Labor Ready?  Submit review about this company

Feb 10, 2013 Richardson, Texas

So What.These people need to work also.Why does this bother you?As long as the JOB is getting done who care's outside of you.What you need to do IS MIND YOUR DAM BUSINESS and Leave everyone elses along.WTF.It's people like yourself that MESSES UP THE WORLD.Alway's trying to find FAULT in someone else.Stop and Look IN THE MIRROR at YOURSELF.MR.WANT TO BE PERFECT.

J-dizzle!

Feb 08, 2013

ohhhhh!!! labor ready strikes again!.. labor ready sucks big ones really ive been working there for over a year off and on waiting to get a job that pays more then 8.25.... which ive yet to see, till i realized they jus use peoples needs for food and what not, to slave you for that 6.32 (after taxes) .. dude thats *** man... dont get work form labor ready you can work before your background checks and before your drug test.. *** or not place is a rip off and cons themself..

seth from tulsa oklahoma

Dec 03, 2012

if i was that guy id sue the **** out of you and make sure you lost your company what you did was illegal its called defamation of charictor and if i lived around you i would never use your company you have no right or idea what felons go through to suport their familys and guess what in gods eyes you are no better then he is

Mar 12, 2012

The best thing a client/employee/owner can have is a conscent to a crime lab polygraph. There is no such thing as an x-felon, there are parolees and after which time federal laws that state 7 years or depending on repeat offenders laws and statistics, probably different state to state, I would say that just do your work, if someone bothers it happens to all of us. Do the best you can and realize that in 7 years they cannot say a word, put on your papers you are on parole and working hard and tell them your goals on paper, then after parole make a cover letter, work toward showing you mean serious business. We need to sign to take crime lab polygraphs, I want TO PROVE myself, and we need more crime labs - they speak for themselves, and if they don't like it, then tuff luck for you!

joeNack

Dec 23, 2011

Temp employment is not just for ex-cons. True some ex-cons work at these places but its a chances at a new start. Also people who want to supplement there income on days off work there. Nothing wrong with Labor Ready they just a mistake.
Blasting his name in this blog just shows how childish & immature you are and your business was going to fail one way or another.

Former Laborer

Dec 07, 2011

I agree that felons or ex have to finnacially support life as we do,but this guy set himself up for this by not informing L.R.of his travel limits.I've worked for various branches in PA&dont recall background checks.

Darcin

Aug 18, 2011

Being sent out as a rodeo clown was their own fault. You can turn down any job offer. The only time we put up with *** jobs like this is because we like the luxury of eating.

michaela

Aug 15, 2011

and by the way who do you think you are to post someones information... whole birth name up here on a web site? you must not care too much about your reputation because did you know you could be sued for such an activity??? smh

michaela

Aug 15, 2011

What do you think ex-felons do when they get out of jail? They have to pay fines and how would you like them to get that money? Steal and go back to jail? This is just a rediculous comment that shows true ignorance.... if felons don't work and make money to pay fines... they go back to jail... maybe you should have sent your grandmother to do the job instead of hiring a temp agency. News flash this is a recession and everyone is hungry and trying to eat out here. If you didn't want a felon working for you you should have hired someone with no record. Your fault not thiers! The label felony only makes getting and keeping a job that much harder. TAt least he was working for you and not robbing you dummy!!

art

Aug 03, 2011

I think those people that is mad at labor ready is just so wrong. They cannot hold labor ready responsible for them sending out a felon. So before anyone else wants to get free ride out of life at the cost of corporation think twice they can only ask certain questions without getting to personal. So I believe that if want only certain people at your house then maybe you should a background check yourself but if you end in trouble for doing that then thats on you and no one else.

Tony

May 19, 2011

What some of you people don't seem to understand is that even though we made mistakes in the past we still have families to feed and shelter to provide for our wife and children and it always seems to me that just because I have a criminal record nobody ever gives me chance and shuts all doors on me. I am an educated young male, went to college, graduated, and the whole nine yards and not even McDonalds will hire me. What kind of *** is that. So what ended up happening in my life? As a father should, I did whatever it took to support my family, even if it meant robbing. Since nobody gives me a chance then what am I supposed to do? Let my children starve? I dont think so. Yeah I eventually got caught and went back to prison but now Im out and its the same *** over again. Until that person gives me an opportunity I will continue to do whatever it takes to give my wife and children the life they deserve and if you don't like it TUFF LUCK!

person

Mar 02, 2011

Did everyone forget that the felon was NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THAT PART OF TOWN?

Alexander

Jan 25, 2011

:sigh
Look People must be able to work if not how do you expect them to get along in socity .So if you reduce them to UNemployable whats left for them ???Do we make the decesion to start back into a life of crime. People need to be able to eat and provide themselfs a shelter and cloths . Whatever the crime we sent them to prisin and they finished the time so why are they contunie punish them afterwards?

blah blah blah

Nov 29, 2010

I dont have a problem with a felon working. people make mistakes. if youve paid your debt to society, then it should be left at that. you dont want to compete with other people at labor ready, become a lawyer or an occupation where your services are much needed than you needing the occupation.

ashanti

Nov 27, 2010

Theres people with felony records that need a chance you know. Not all felons are bad . Some had a asult charge on their record for being in fight and they had the better end of that stick and their college educated but, they had to serve time. some people was at the right place at the wrong time so they get charged by guilty by association, some people made mistakes at 18 and decided to change their lives.Alot of People Including felons have to go to Temp jobs because Not just this suckey economy and no jobs out there but most other big jobs dont want to give a person with a record a chance, So instead they are punished even after they served their time. I'm not okaying the sex offender..They shouldnt have sent him there to that assignment but still can't judge everyone thats a felon they have families too and want to be able to provide for their families without selling drugs or doing something else illegal you know? A person without a record has hard times getting jobs as well but much more easier then a Felon it follows you for life no matter what. Labor ready is not the best place to go but thank god for it although its crappy pay

fpm

Sep 12, 2010

Oh yeah ? You think that's bad. Labor ready sent me on a job as a RODEO CLOWN !

What a jip

Sep 05, 2010

Maybe I was telling it like it was. If you read the rest of the comment I wasn't exactly looking down at others. Because I was there myself. Is stating that some of these people don't have enough money to fix their cars or save it judging people? I don't think so. I was also stating that people are trying to feed their families. That isn't what I call arrogant.

former csr

Aug 24, 2010

I worked as a csr for LR for several years and have seen first hand the mix of employees that walk in the door. I will verify that there are a lot of *** head, potheads, crack heads and drunks. ***, some of them come in drunk or stoned and wonder why the *** they aren't working. I also ran across many workers who need a few days of day labor to get by. They come in do their assigned jobs good and as a result got additional assignments.

So to the *** who was making accusations of people being judgemental, get both sides of the story or stfu

Adolf Stalin

Aug 03, 2010

It seems to be that too many people think its some how wrong for ex-felons to work for a living. Would those same people rather be robbed by them. I have worked for Labor Ready on several occassions and I have a criminal record. That doesn't prevent me from doing a competent job and fulfilling the clients needs. The truth is, I have been called back by clients many times because of my strong work ethic. God willing you will never do anything to get a criminal record but if you were too, wouldn't you want a second chance?

chompy

Jul 01, 2010

well, if your not speaking spanish and unemployed, labor ready is the place. be prepared to experience some good ol' "American Exploitation"to the fullest. f'up but no one regulates labor ready.

1-20 of 38 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.